The Paleo diet is based on the eating habits of prehistoric cavemen. The diet is based on the concept of only eating food products that can be found in nature. For example, the following food products are allowed in the Paleo diet:
- lean meat
Food products that do not fall under any over the previously mentioned categories are not allowed. If you are serious about sticking to your Paleo diet you will need to learn how to prepare Paleo dishes with ingredients that can be found in nature. The following recipe is a great Paleo lunch dish that you can prepare in a few minutes.
Recipe 1: Paleo Kebab
It is very easy to prepare the Paleo Kebab. You can place whatever you want on the Kebab stick but the following ingredients are recommended:
- chili pepper
- lean diced beef or pork
- And any other vegetables you can think of.
You can use a grill to cook the Kebab or you can simply fry all of the ingredients separately and attach them to a Kebab stick. Don’t worry about your Kebab going cold – cold Kebabs are quite delicious. You should also consider preparing a side dish to go along with your Kebab like a salad for example.
Of course, if you are new to the Paleo diet you will instinctively want to sprinkle salt and other condiments onto your Kebab to add additional flavor. It is okay to sprinkle some salt on to your Paleo dishes but do not make it a habit – salt is not a part of the Paleo diet and it is best to avoid using salt on your Paleo dishes.
So if you are wondering what to cook for lunch today; how about treating yourself to a Kebab? It will take you 10-15 minutes to prepare 2-3 delicious Kebab sticks.
Recipe 2: Paleo Steak and Eggs
If you are looking for a Paleo dish to prepare for lunch I highly recommend steak and eggs. You can prepare a steak and egg dish in about 20 minutes if you have all the ingredients at your disposal. The only ingredients that you will need to prepare this dish are the following.
- Butter or fat
- And condiments to add more flavor to the dish.
Before you start preparing the dish make sure to clean your kitchen and place all of the ingredients needed for this dish on top of your kitchen counter top for easy access (mise en place!). Additionally, remember to de-frost your steak for about 40 minutes before you start cooking it.
- Place a pan on the stove and set the stove to low heat.
- Place the butter or fat into the pan and cook until it starts to sizzle (2-3 minutes) then place the steak into the pan and sprinkle condiments such as pepper and salt onto the steak.
- Cook the steak to your desired level and remove from the pan.
- Crack the two eggs into the pan and place a lid over the pan to cook the top area of the eggs. The eggs will be finished in about 4 minutes.
- Put the eggs either on top of the steak or next to the steak.
- Do not over-cook the eggs; the idea is to let the egg yolk soak into the steak. Sprinkle additional condiments on to your steak and eggs and indulge.
So if you are looking for a Paleo lunch to prepare yourself consider steak and eggs. In order to improve the meal you can consider toasting some Paleo bread with almond butter. Steak and eggs is a great Paleo lunch that does not require a lot of preparation. Just make sure to de-frost the steak before you start cooking.
Recipe 3: Scrambled Eggs with Paleo Bread and Lox
The Paleo diet does not allow the use of dairy and commercially refined food products so if you want to make yourself a Paleo dish you need to make sure that the ingredients you use are 100% natural.
If you have recently committed to a Paleo based diet you probably want to learn how to cook some easy dishes for yourself or for guests. The Paleo dish we are going to teach you in this article is simple and will take approximately 10 minutes to prepare.
You will need the following ingredients to prepare this Paleo lunch dish:
- 4 eggs
- vegetable oil
Paleo bread (If you cannot find a bakery where you can purchase Paleo bread you can consider baking your own Paleo bread.)
Now to the preparation of this delicious Paleo lunch:
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into a bowl, crack the eggs into the bowl, and beat thoroughly.
- Place a pan on the stove and place the stove on a low heat setting. Allow the pan to heat up before you pour the eggs into the pan.
- Place the eggs into the pan and slowly stir them with a spatula every couple of minutes.
- While you are cooking the eggs slice two pieces of Paleo bread and place them into your toaster.
- When the eggs are done the toaster should pop – grab the Paleo bread and place the bread on to a plate – butter the bread with almond butter.
- Use your spatula to place the scrambled eggs on top of each piece of toasted bread.
- Place strips of Lox over the eggs at artistic angles and enjoy.
I recommend that you choose a Paleo soup to prepare and enjoy a long with your scrambled eggs dish. Regardless, now you know how to prepare a simple Paleo lunch dish that can be prepared in a short amount of time.